Start Strong: Texas
A state-specific, how-to homeschool course designed with you in mind!
What are your biggest questions about homeschooling?
- concerned that you aren't capable of successfully educating your children?
- concerned about possibly failing to prepare your children for college or a job?
- concerned about how your children will turn out socially?
- concerned about where to even start?
We have answers for you. We’ve been empowering families to teach their children at home for almost 40 years—since the early days of the modern homeschool movement. We are the authority on homeschooling in Indiana and we will help you take the guesswork out of what to do and where to start.
The heart and soul of this course is empowering and equipping you to disciple your children and give them a deep, Christian education at home. We will teach you how to be intentional in all areas of raising your children—from core academic subjects to whole-child discipleship to continuing education for you so you can be the best parent and educator. We will take the guesswork out of how to get started, how to persevere through struggles, and how to finish strong. Whether you are temporarily pursuing home education or it is the only education choice for your family, this course was designed to help you start the homeschool journey with confidence, being fully equipped to do the job well!
What you'll get:
Two weeks of daily lessons with videos, articles, and a printable workbook!
- Day One: Exploring Home Education in Your State
- Day Two: Getting Started
- Day Three: Choosing Curriculum & Learning Styles
- Day Four: Testing, Evaluations, & Record-keeping
- Day Five: Educational Stages
- Day Six: Academic Nuts & Bolts
- Day Seven: Time Management
- Day Eight: Parenting & Discipleship
- Day Nine: Homeschooling Works
- Day Ten: Homeschool Civics
- Day Eleven: Learning the Lingo
- Day Twelve: Homeschool Myths
- Day Thirteen: Developing a Long-Term Vision
- Day Fourteen: Homeschool Parent & Professional Educator
- Extra Day: Special Learners
BONUS - MasterClasses
★ Interviews with nationally recognized homeschool speakers
BONUS - Student Planners
BONUS - Sample Transcripts
BONUS - Printable Encouragement Cards for Mom
BONUS - Ten Audio Workshop Recordings from Homeschool Experts [Convention MP3s]
BONUS - Free ebook from the state organization
Including a virtual marketplace of homeschool resources and curriculum providers!
Texas Home School Coalition, Inc., a 501(c)(3) organization, is the state support organization. Its mission is informing and inspiring families and promoting homeschooling and families in Texas. THSC, Inc., also strives to:
- Encourage and perpetuate the fire that ignited the original modern homeschool movement by continuing to defend, protect and promote homeschooling and the requisite family rights in Texas
- Encourage homeschoolers to persevere through difficult times by passing along a vision for the benefits of home education
- Educate and support homeschool leadership at all levels in the state
- Aggressively promote and market homeschooling and family rights in Texas to the general public
- Assist widows, people who are disabled or needy, and the minority homeschool community.
Texas Home School Coalition Association, (a 501(c)(4) organization), serves and protects Texas homeschool families by protecting, advancing and advocating for liberty, homeschooling and families in Texas. The mission of the THSC Association:
- Protect, defend and advance homeschooling and family rights in Texas
- Further the cause of homeschooling and family rights by educating families in the legislative process
- Aggressively promote and market homeschooling and family rights to the general public in Texas.
Texas Home School Coalition Political Action Committee (THSC PAC) is a statewide political action committee with a mission of informing and electing advocates and defenders of homeschooling and families. To this end, we:
- Educate candidates and public officials about the benefits and validity of homeschooling and family rights through the political campaign process
- Endorse pro-homeschooling and pro-family rights candidates for public office and encourage homeschool families to actively support the election of such candidates with their time, money and resources to ensure the continued freedom of Texas homeschoolers.
StartDay Two: Intro
StartLearning Alongside Your Children
StartThe Importance of Developing Your Written Philosophy of Education
StartCreating Your Learning Space
StartDaily Encouragement: What's the best piece of advice you received as a new homeschooler?
StartDay Two: Let's Chat! (VIDEO 19:00)
StartDay Three: Intro
StartLearning Styles: How Do Your Children Learn Best?
StartFive Questions to Ask When You Are Choosing a Curriculum
StartEight Reasons to Love a Boxed Curriculum
StartThe Question of Accreditation
StartHomeschooling: A Fantastic Option for Your Special Learner
StartDaily Encouragement: Dear Sweet Mama…YOU Are Good Enough
StartDay Three: Let's Chat! (VIDEO 28:08)