Start Strong: Oregon
A state-specific, how-to homeschool course designed with you in mind!
What are your biggest questions about homeschooling?
- concerned that you aren't capable of successfully educating your children?
- concerned about possibly failing to prepare your children for college or a job?
- concerned about how your children will turn out socially?
- concerned about where to even start?
We have answers for you. We’ve been empowering families to teach their children at home since the early days of the modern homeschool movement. We are the authority on homeschooling, and we will help you take the guesswork out of what to do and where to start.
The heart and soul of this course is empowering and equipping you to disciple your children and give them a deep, Christian education at home. We will teach you how to be intentional in all areas of raising your children—from core academic subjects to whole-child discipleship to continuing education for you so you can be the best parent and educator. We will take the guesswork out of how to get started, how to persevere through struggles, and how to finish strong. Whether you are temporarily pursuing home education or it is the only education choice for your family, this course was designed to help you start the homeschool journey with confidence, being fully equipped to do the job well!
What you'll get:
Two weeks of daily lessons with videos, articles, and a printable workbook!
- Day One: Exploring Home Education in Your State
- Day Two: Getting Started
- Day Three: Choosing Curriculum & Learning Styles
- Day Four: Testing, Evaluations, & Record-keeping
- Day Five: Educational Stages
- Day Six: Academic Nuts & Bolts
- Day Seven: Time Management
- Day Eight: Parenting & Discipleship
- Day Nine: Homeschooling Works
- Day Ten: Homeschool Civics
- Day Eleven: Learning the Lingo
- Day Twelve: Homeschool Myths
- Day Thirteen: Developing a Long-Term Vision
- Day Fourteen: Homeschool Parent & Professional Educator
- Extra Day: Special Learners
BONUS - MasterClasses
★ Interviews with nationally recognized homeschool speakers
BONUS - Student Planners
BONUS - Sample Transcripts
BONUS - Printable Encouragement Cards for Mom
BONUS - Ten Audio Workshop Recordings from Homeschool Experts [Convention MP3s]
BONUS - Free ebook from the state organization
Including a virtual marketplace of homeschool resources and curriculum providers!
OCEANetwork’s Mission Statement: OCEANetwork exists to serve the Lord Jesus Christ by equipping families to biblically disciple the next generation through home education, and by protecting and advancing private home education freedoms in Oregon for all.
StartDay One: Read This First!
StartWho is OCEANetwork? (1:22)
StartKnow Your Why: A Vision of Homeschooling & Family Discipleship (2:43)
StartHomeschool Law in Oregon (3:52)
StartGet Ready to Start Homeschooling (3:30)
StartGet Connected (2:12)
StartProtect Your Homeschool Freedoms (2:57)
StartWhat About Charter Schools in Oregon?
StartDay 1: Let's Chat (5:20)
StartBonus: Oregon Homeschooling Cheat Sheet & Planning Starter Pack