GIFT COURSE Start Strong: Missouri
A state-specific, how-to homeschool course designed with you in mind!
What are your biggest questions about homeschooling?
- concerned that you aren't capable of successfully educating your children?
- concerned about possibly failing to prepare your children for college or a job?
- concerned about how your children will turn out socially?
- concerned about where to even start?
We have answers for you. We’ve been empowering families to teach their children at home for almost 40 years—since the early days of the modern homeschool movement. We are the authority on homeschooling and we will help you take the guesswork out of what to do and where to start.
The heart and soul of this course is empowering and equipping you to disciple your children and give them a deep, Christian education at home. We will teach you how to be intentional in all areas of raising your children—from core academic subjects to whole-child discipleship to continuing education for you so you can be the best parent and educator. We will take the guesswork out of how to get started, how to persevere through struggles, and how to finish strong. Whether you are temporarily pursuing home education or it is the only education choice for your family, this course was designed to help you start the homeschool journey with confidence, being fully equipped to do the job well!
What you'll get:
NEW: Homeschool University 2.0 has launched with brand new content:
- More videos
- Expanded high school content
- New and improved workbooks
- Book Recommendations
- FREE printable encouragement mini-posters
- FREE printable scripture cards
- And more!
Two weeks of daily lessons with videos, articles, and a printable workbook!
- Day One: Exploring Home Education in Your State
- Day Two: Getting Started
- Day Three: Choosing Curriculum & Learning Styles
- Day Four: Testing, Evaluations, & Record-keeping
- Day Five: Educational Stages
- Day Six: Academic Nuts & Bolts
- Day Seven: Time Management
- Day Eight: Parenting & Discipleship
- Day Nine: Homeschooling Works
- Day Ten: Homeschool Civics
- Day Eleven: Learning the Lingo
- Day Twelve: Homeschool Myths
- Day Thirteen: Developing a Long-Term Vision
- Day Fourteen: Homeschool Parent & Professional Educator
- Extra Day: Special Learners
BONUS - Masterclasses
★ Interviews with nationally recognized homeschool speakers
BONUS - Student Planners
BONUS - Sample Transcripts
BONUS - Printable Encouragement Cards for Mom
BONUS - Ten Audio Workshop Recordings from Homeschool Experts [Convention MP3s]
BONUS - Free ebook from the state organization
Including a virtual marketplace of homeschool resources and curriculum providers!
Start Strong Missouri is presented by the Missouri Association of Teaching Christian Homes, Inc. in partnership with Homeschool University.
Missouri Association of Teaching Christian Homes, Inc. is organized for the purpose of providing service and support to home educators and support groups within Missouri. Service include, but are not limited to the following:
- Providing assistance in the formation of local support groups throughout Missouri.
- Informing members of the national and state laws and keeping them up-to-date on proposed changes to these laws.
- Implementing strategies or activities necessary to protect the future freedoms of home educators in Missouri and in our nation.
- Promoting the advantages of home education over alternative forms of education outside the home.
- Helping to promote sound, high-quality home education programs for home educators for the purpose of developing Christ-like character, which will satisfy the spiritual, intellectual, physical, and emotional growth needs of their children.
- Reviewing and disseminating home education materials and information considered vital to home educators.
- Publishing a state newsletter.
- Planning and conducting periodic state home education conventions and other educational opportunities designed to provide information and training that will help parents and others involved with or interested in home education.
- Supporting accurate home education research and its publication.