Start Strong: Louisiana
A state-specific, how-to homeschool course designed with you in mind!
What are your biggest questions about homeschooling?
- concerned that you aren't capable of successfully educating your children?
- concerned about possibly failing to prepare your children for college or a job?
- concerned about how your children will turn out socially?
- concerned about where to even start?
We have answers for you. We’ve been empowering families to teach their children at home for almost 40 years—since the early days of the modern homeschool movement. We are the authority on homeschooling in Indiana and we will help you take the guesswork out of what to do and where to start.
The heart and soul of this course is empowering and equipping you to disciple your children and give them a deep, Christian education at home. We will teach you how to be intentional in all areas of raising your children—from core academic subjects to whole-child discipleship to continuing education for you so you can be the best parent and educator. We will take the guesswork out of how to get started, how to persevere through struggles, and how to finish strong. Whether you are temporarily pursuing home education or it is the only education choice for your family, this course was designed to help you start the homeschool journey with confidence, being fully equipped to do the job well!
What you'll get:
Two weeks of daily lessons with videos, articles, and a printable workbook!
- Day One: Exploring Home Education in Your State
- Day Two: Getting Started
- Day Three: Choosing Curriculum & Learning Styles
- Day Four: Testing, Evaluations, & Record-keeping
- Day Five: Educational Stages
- Day Six: Academic Nuts & Bolts
- Day Seven: Time Management
- Day Eight: Parenting & Discipleship
- Day Nine: Homeschooling Works
- Day Ten: Homeschool Civics
- Day Eleven: Learning the Lingo
- Day Twelve: Homeschool Myths
- Day Thirteen: Developing a Long-Term Vision
- Day Fourteen: Homeschool Parent & Professional Educator
- Extra Day: Special Learners
BONUS - MasterClasses
★ Interviews with nationally recognized homeschool speakers
BONUS - Student Planners
BONUS - Sample Transcripts
BONUS - Printable Encouragement Cards for Mom
BONUS - Ten Audio Workshop Recordings from Homeschool Experts [Convention MP3s]
BONUS - Free ebook from the state organization
Including a virtual marketplace of homeschool resources and curriculum providers!
Homeschool Louisiana seeks to be a premier organization that inspires parent directed, privately funded, homeschooling as the preferred educational choice for families in Louisiana.Mission Statement
Homeschool Louisiana is organized exclusively for protecting the God-given, constitutional rights of parents to guide and direct the educations of their children, promoting relevant and accurate information about homeschooling, and providing support to local homeschool groups and families.
Below are some of the ways we will accomplish our mission within the State of Louisiana, including, but not limited to the following:
- Protect by:
- Monitoring and influencing the legislature and other appropriate agencies to uphold the constitutional rights of parents to home educate in Louisiana.
- Providing current information regarding the political and legal climate of home education in Louisiana.
- Supporting legislation that furthers equal access to home education and opposing legislation that threatens or limits home education.
- Collaborating with Legislators, Organizations and Legal establishments that are friendly to homeschooling.
- Promote by:
- Communicating the advantages of Christian home education through electronic media, print media, and personal relationships
- Creating and/or funding accurate home education research and materials
- Providing Support by:
- Aiding in the creation and growth of Christian home education support groups throughout Louisiana.
- Advising, mentoring, and leading parents who desire to home educate and disciple their children from a Biblical perspective
- Planning and facilitating educational opportunities, resources, and events that will provide information and training to assist home educators in the development of Christ-like character to satisfy the spiritual, intellectual, physical, and emotional needs of their children.
- Identifying and Partnering with Businesses and Organizations that provide value and sponsorships for families that home educate.
StartVideo Welcome from Homeschool Louisiana
StartIMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT COVID-19
StartWhat is Homeschool Louisiana?
StartWhy Join Homeschool Louisiana?
StartHow to Register Your Homeschool with the State
StartWithdraw Your Child From Their Current School
StartConnecting with Other Homeschool Families
StartCertification of Required School Attendance
StartDay 1 - Let's Chat! (Video)
StartDay Two: Intro
StartLearning Alongside Your Children
StartThe Importance of Developing Your Written Philosophy of Education
StartCreating Your Learning Space
StartDaily Encouragement: What's the best piece of advice you received as a new homeschooler?
StartDay Two: Let's Chat! (VIDEO 19:00)
StartDay Three: Intro
StartLearning Styles: How Do Your Children Learn Best?
StartFive Questions to Ask When You Are Choosing a Curriculum
StartEight Reasons to Love a Boxed Curriculum
StartThe Question of Accreditation
StartHomeschooling: A Fantastic Option for Your Special Learner
StartDaily Encouragement: Dear Sweet Mama…YOU Are Good Enough
StartDay Three: Let's Chat! (VIDEO 28:08)